Sunday 23 May 2010

Career change....again!

I've been self-employed for years as an Astrologer, a Life Coach and nominally an artist although I haven't done a lot of art lately because I've been swamped by getting married and all that entails, moving halfway up the country and looking after my husband, who's disabled and my two kids who have asperger syndrome. As an aspie myself, so not really giving a hoot about what one is 'supposed' to do, I'm getting ants in my pants about earning a living and I've started to change things around.
I've started making jewellery again, which is going on Etsy soon and I spin and dye my own yarn - when I've run out of people to give things to that will go on too. I've set up this blog to showcase my own stuff and to pass on some hints about what I do. When I originally set up ten years ago I was swimming against the tide. I made pieces and convinced a local art gallery to sell them for me and then all of a sudden the market was swamped by cheap stuff made in sweatshops. My other mission in life is to fight the good fight for ethical, beautiful, things that do no harm in any way - there's a long way to go there.
I'm already in my forties, but when I grow up I want to move to somewhere wild and have my own herd of alpacas. I will stay in touch with my friends by having a mini-festival on my own land every summer - ten tents and the local pub bands for a week, maybe and I'll put everyone up instead of the current state of affairs where I email everyone in the middle of the night and post on facebook!



Crafty Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment